BWBN develops programs and invests in black women and their organizations or careers, using the best in entrepreneurship, innovation, technology and collaboration to foster exponential impact and success in their lives and the communities in which they live. We offer a wide range of programs, services and resources that can help black women at every stage of their business or professional career. Here are a few ways to get the most from your BWBN membership
The aim of the BWBN is to help black women and girls to be inspired, informed and equipped with all the tools, resources and connections available to ensure that they are very successful in their businesses and careers. Some of the benefits are
Connections bring together women with shared interests and business areas to discuss current issues and exchange ideas and encouragement. Interaction in forums that bring together members with common interests (business, career, entrepreneurs, etc.) and practical areas (cooking, teaching, IT, etc.) to exchange ideas, encourage each other and discuss current issues in person
BWBN has chapters spread across Western Canada and supported by volunteer members who are black women business owners or professionals. Each chapter supports the goals and missions of BWBN and provides networking, business and professional opportunities to local members. Chapters host regular meetings and information sessions as well as support projects in their regions. Some of the benefits of connecting with your local chapter are
- The BWBN regional chapters offer BWBN members local opportunities for networking, social and professional development at national level and within their communities.
- With training, webinars, workshops and bootcamps offered throughout the year, the chapter serves as an important component for the professional and business development for black women and girls.
- The BWBN chapters support a local presence of black women in businesses and occupations, while connecting and engaging with the broader network across Western Canada.
- The BWBN chapters offer a wide range of activities within their local communities through social events and humanitarian actions.
To learn more about your local branch, including upcoming events, please visit your local chapter or visit here
The mandate of the BWBN chapters includes:
- Serving as an important link with the wider network
- Networking and Linkages
- Business, professional and personal development
- Local community involvement
- Coaching and Mentorship
All members are encouraged to become involved in their local groups. In addition, members have access to all activities in other chapters and are encouraged to seek activities that promote their business and professional development and well-being. The chapters are